October 18 , 2016
Instructor: Jennifer Hofmann
Engaging learners has always been a challenge. Not only has training evolved into a blended learning model, the modern classroom is influenced by multicultural cohorts, a mobile workforce, and social networking tools. Managing these influences and integrating them into a blended program requires planning, training, and understanding from all members of the training delivery team.
It starts with language. Engagement, interaction, collaboration : These terms are often used interchangeably, and with little thought regarding what they actually mean, how they might be measured, and how they influence the learner experience and outcome.
This webcast distinguishes these concepts, and provides some guidelines as to when they should be applied. Whether delivering a one-hour webinar or three-week blended curriculum, we need participants to be engaged for the program to be successful. Interaction and collaboration are the engagement techniques used to ensure this success. Learners in this webcast will gain insight into the mechanics of learner engagement and the resulting improved learner trajectories.
This session proposes a model that examines the learner experience and the impact of engagement on the learner’s success in achieving the outcomes desired by that learner and the organization. It will answer the following questions:
- What is the modern classroom?
- Why is engagement different in the modern classroom?
- How can you engage learners in the modern classroom using technology and modern design?
- How is virtual engagement measured?
- Does engagement equal learning?
- What else do you need?
- How do multicultural cohorts, a mobile workforce, and social tools affect learner engagement?
To view the recording, just complete the form and click on the Submit button. To download the slides from the presentation, click here.
Jennifer also included a variety of helpful resources during the session:
- Article: Why Aren't Young Workers Engaged by Online Learning?
- Blog post: Skills for Future Success in a Disruptive World of Work
- Infographic: What is Driving the Modern Learning Culture?
- Microblog: How to Evolve With the Modern Learning Culture
- Blog post: Get Real! Using the Virtual Classroom to Teach Authentically
- Blog post: The Scientific Reason Why Bullets Are Bad for Presentations
- Infographic: The Art of Design for the Virtual Classroom