It's hard to believe it's 2016 already! Before we get caught up in all the new goals and objectives for the new year, it's always nice to take a moment to look back on the past year.
Let's start the new year off by taking a look back at the top 10 topics, based on YOUR blog post views, that we published in 2015.
We will continue to publish timely blog posts addressing the top trends and challenges that we believe we all will be facing in 2016, so keep an eye out for new posts from me (Jennifer) and other industry thought leaders.
Thank you for reading these blog posts and I hope they have served as inspiration for you in your day to day work. As always, if you have a topic you would like to see me address, feel free to drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter @InSyncJennifer.Here are the Top 10 blog posts of 2015 from Body Language in the Bandwidth:
- Virtually There: 10 Ways to Immediately Influence the Modern Learning Culture - As the workplace continues to evolve, and training approaches evolve to support it, at some point it will be hard to distinguish the difference between working and learning. And that’s a good thing.
- Virtually There: Making Virtual & Blended Learning Work for Adult Learners - Blended and virtual learning make it easy for the learner to make decisions about when to engage or disengage. It's the job of the training professional to ensure that the adult learner is motivated to participate.
- Virtually There: Developing Competencies of Virtual Classroom Facilitators - Moving from the role of traditional trainer to virtual facilitator isn't easy. It takes practice and training to ensure that facilitators are virtually competent.
- The Art of Design for the Virtual Classroom - The modern virtual classroom calls for modern design which stimulates engagement, exploits multiple instructional tools, and creates an authentic learning environment. As an instructional designer responsible for virtual programs, your job is to apply the science of design in a creative way.
- Virtually There: 6 Techniques That Make Your Virtual Classroom Social - These tools can be used to build community and continue the learning conversation started in the classroom, or they can be used as a stand-alone “just-in-time” set of resources for training in the flow of work—or anything in between.
- Why is #EdTech Trending With Non-Trainers? - The answer lies in the globalization of our economy. If you are a business stakeholder, it’s critical in today’s market to stay connected and collaborate with a global workforce.
- Virtually There: Virtual Classrooms, Blended Learning, Microlearning... - What is the difference and why should you care? The modern workplace learning environment is about creating experiences that are richly authentic and deliver content to learners in the right place—classroom, desktop computer, mobile device, or on the job—at the right time—formally scheduled or on-demand.
- Virtually There: Defining the Modern Learner Experience - Where and when is the modern classroom?
- Virtually There: Gamifying Your Virtual Classroom - The key is to make sure you never lose sight of your learning objectives. All of your game's prompts or "missions" should be identical to real-world skills/learning objectives.
- Resources: Virtual Instructional Designer Competencies - Virtual instructional designers manage the development of learning solutions for live, virtual classroom-based instruction. Without the designer there would be no content to deliver.