Virtually There Session Recap
The challenge: How do we push the technology to the background and make the people the focus? Hint: it’s not by turning on the cameras!
Keep all training about the people, connect early and often, make eye contact when necessary but most importantly, stay TUNED in to the audience’s nonverbal cues. Stop, look, and listen to the learners regularly and customize your training to meet the needs of all learners.
This is the “People-to-People” approach to virtual learning. It means you do not lose sight of what is most important in training – the people. The more you focus on the people, NOT the camera and technology, the more impact any training can have on learning transfer.
In this session, we will discuss:
- Why it’s important to embrace the “People-to-People Approach” to virtual learning
- How to make learners the focus of your lesson, and use technology just as tool
- Techniques to influence environmental, emotional, and intellectual engagement using the InQuire Engagement Framework™
- How to manage a 5 Step-Cycle that encourages a People-to-People Design: Intent, instruction, application, practice, and mastery
- How to coach your L&D colleagues to virtual excellence to ensure everyone is successful