January 31, 2017
Instructor: Oded Ilan
Users forget 90% of what they are trained to do within days of the training. How do we deal with this phenomenon? Should we deal with this phenomenon? Do we want our users to learn or to perform? Through this BYTE session, you will understand how new technical communication technologies open the door to a radically different, even “disruptive”, approach in training and supporting users.
In this session you will:
- Identify the Forgetting Curve and learn what it implies.
- Discuss the Forgetting Curve in terms of product support and training.
- Learn why training is becoming more complicated.
- Present actual examples of human behavior via Iridize guides.
- Explore how technology intrinsically disrupts our understanding of how to handle problems.
- Looking to the future – How can new technology allow technical communicators to offer more creative solutions to organizations in order to improve support/training and increase customer satisfaction.
To view the recording, fill out the form to the right and click on the Submit button. To download the handout from the session, please click here.