February 25, 2013
Instructor: Linda Uli
- Would you incorporate breakout sessions with your Middle Eastern students?
- Do playing games in class go over well with your students from India?
- Do you know when Ramadan is observed?
While the virtual classroom makes it possible to deliver training to students from all over the globe, it also presents some unique challenges. Our culture dictates how we give and receive information, make decisions, view authority and use space and time. It’s what defines the ways we act and feel and also learn. Join this session and explore ways to effectively teach your online students based on their culture, customs, and beliefs.
At the end of the session, participants will be able to:
- Overcome language barriers.
- Analyze how different cultures learn.
- Match learning styles with effective online activities.