Would it surprise you to learn that, on Wikipedia, the following three phrases are equivalent?
Online Learning --------------> eLearning ------------------> Educational Technology
I agree that these three terms are often used interchangeably — but not always consistently.
Having so many ways of saying the same thing is understandably confusing the people not in the learning and development community. I think it’s also confusing to those of us designing, developing, and delivering content every day.
Modern Blended Learning,
If you were unfamiliar with L. Frank Baum’s Wizard of Oz and read a description of the elements of the story, you’d likely see a list something like the following:
- a haunted castle with flying monkeys, a poppy field
- a tornado in Kansas, a village populated by wee folk
- a forest of talking foul-tempered trees
- a cornfield with a sentient scarecrow
- and a yellow brick road (YBR for short).
Blended Learning Instructional Design,